The ICAI Intermediate exam is a challenging exam that requires a thorough understanding of the syllabus. The ICAI provides educational resources for all the subjects, but many students also find it helpful to refer to reference books.
So, which is better? ICAI study material or reference books?
The answer depends on your learning style and preferences.
ICAI Study Material
The ICAI study material is the Foundation for the CA exam. It is written by experts and covers all the topics in the syllabus. The study material also includes practice questions and answers, which can help you prepare for the exam.
The advantages of using this are:
- It is the most comprehensive and up-to-date material available.
- It is written by experts who are familiar with the exam pattern.
- It includes practice questions and answers, which can help you prepare for the exam.
The disadvantages of using this are:
- It can be quite dry and difficult to understand.
- It may not be as detailed as some reference books.
- It may not be as engaging as some reference books
Reference books are written by authors who are experts in their field. They provide a more detailed and in-depth explanation of the topics than the ICAI Learning resources. Reference books can also be more engaging and easier to understand.
The advantages of using reference books are:
- They provide a more detailed and in-depth explanation of the topics.
- They can be more engaging and easier to understand than the ICAI study material.
- They can provide additional insights and perspectives on the topics.
The disadvantages of using reference books are:
- They may not be as up-to-date as the ICAI study material.
- They may not include practice questions and answers.
- They can be more expensive than the ICAI study material.
Which to choose?
For those inclined towards visual learning, opting for reference books featuring diagrams and illustrations might be appealing.
For those inclined towards visual learning, opting for reference books featuring diagrams and illustrations might be appealing. Alternatively, auditory learners may find value in audio lectures or video tutorials.
If you’re uncertain about the best choice, commencing with the ICAI Intermediate study material and incorporating reference books when necessary is a recommended approach.
Ultimately, the best way to prepare for the ICAI Intermediate exam is to use a variety of resources. This will help you to understand the topics in detail and to practice answering questions in the exam format.
Here are some additional tips for using ICAI study material and reference book
- Start by reading the ICAI study material carefully. Take notes and highlight important points.
- Solve the practice questions in the study material. This will help you to identify your strengths and weaknesses.
- Refer to reference books for topics that you do not understand or that you want to learn more about.
- Join a study group or take a coaching class. This can help you to stay motivated and on track.
- Practice answering questions under timed conditions. This will help you to get used to the exam format.
At StudyBytech, we offer a variety of resources to help you prepare for the ICAI Intermediate exam. We have a comprehensive study material, practice questions, and video tutorials. We also offer a live coaching program with experienced teachers.
If you are serious about passing the ICAI Intermediate exam, we encourage you to check out our resources. We can help you achieve your dream of becoming a Chartered Accountant.